Will Power

Thursday, November 9, 2006

The mind is restless, spirit slowly weakening and the body is just too tired............

Is it a tad too early to categorise this blog as being a negative influence?

Well, I don't think so. I do not plan to let my blog to go into this direction. I want it to be energetic, full of enthusiasm and for my readers to be able to feel the positive energy surrounding them.

As you may have realised by now, the title of my blog is called Will Power. Why this name and not something else?
Well, let me explain by flipping the dictionary.....

Meaning of Will: Determination to do something and to fight or make an effort if someone or something tries to stop you.


Meaning of Power: Particular physical ability, skill, or opportunity to do something.
See the relationship between them? Yes, these two words are certainly related to the word "Positive".

Back to my current state of mind. As the title of this posting suggests, it is not good. I do not know the reason, but I have been feeling rather tired recently. I seem to lack the spring in my footstep, the drive to carry about the usual routines in life and the determination to start on whatever things which I am planning to do. Everything seems to be going through the motions for me right now..... .

Just what exactly is happening to me? Am I burnt out? Am I reaching a stage whereby everything seems to have little or no effect on me?

I am tired for most of the time and I think I can fall asleep within a minute once I closed my eyes. I can only experience some surge of enthusiasm at some time and everything will be back to its dull state after. I think I should be switching to some brand of batteries that starts with the letter 'E'. =)

I think the reason for my sluggishness is due to my work environment. Entering the office is like entering a warzone. Besides dealing with the immense workload, I have to deal with a rowdy circus of my work colleagues... . This group of people never fail to make my life seem bored. I wonder if you have such colleagues in your workplace?

Let me describe some of my so called "fantastic colleagues". There is one who is really a two headed snake. He will try to sow discord between people with his rather caustic tongue. He will spin stories that probably will interest Steven Spielberg. Why do he have to do this? For fun?

There is one who really looks like some malnourished kid. He thinks that he is really that good, and will impose his views on people. He has only 1 mission, and that is to make people conform to his way of thinking. If he does not succeed, he will turn against that particular person.

There is another one who laughs out loud without any indication of happiness. This is called laughing for the sake of laughing. She just wants someone to know that she still has a sense of humour. In addition to that, she is a person that can be considered as extremely petty. Please don't cross her path, or you will be in her list of condemned personnel. She will then summon whatever manpower she has to make your life a living hell.

Lastly, this person is known as the typical backstabber. He / she will appear as an angel in front of you, dishing out valuable advice. Please be careful, as that person will be collating comments from other colleagues about you. After which, he /she will be secretly releasing what is known as knives that target mainly at your back.

That is what I am experiencing in my office right now. People who appear as some angels in front of you, but are actually devils when your back is turned against them. They will think of ways to get you out... .

What can't people be truthful to each other? Where is the so called trust between people? Whatever happened to this phrase, He's ain't heavy, he's my brother?

How do I deal with these devils? I minimise contact with them unless necessary, do my own work and not to get involved in any form of politics. Why put extra burden on yourself by getting involved in all those stupid things?

Well, I think that is all. You just have to be on your highest alert to catch any form of knives that is destined on your back. I have a suggestion, and that is to wear a full body metal armour like those knights in the olden times to prevent any more injuries to your already fragile back.

Ouch! I have been stabbed in the back again! Just kidding actually! Hope to post some rather positive news in the future.

PS: To those potential backstabbers / crazy office clowns out there, please be reminded of this word "Retribution".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home