Will Power

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

26/01/2007

This posting is a continuation of the previous posting titled " In 8 days time..... "

The event on 26th January, friday, was not what I have expected it to be. I have thought of it to be a turning point in my life, a change from what I have been doing for a long time already. Well, things have not been going according to my plans and expectations, so I think its back to the drawing board again.

A lot of things have happened that made me to think of alternatives to the current situation that I am in. You may be wondering what actually happened, as I did not make myself clear in whatever I have written so far in my blog. That is the purpose, to make everything unclear to people, except myself. Some might argue that the purpose of a blog is like a diary, except that it is no longer private and will be subjected to people's comments and criticisms. As for me, I think it is not necessary to let everyone know everything about yourself, and that it is best to keep some secrets. Maybe those that are really interested in knowing about the exact circumstances can drop me an e-mail, but only those whom I can trust will receive my reply.... . If you are one of those who did not receive a reply, I think you will know where you stand from my point of view... .

Okay, back to that event again. It does not fit into what I have been hoping, but it is still an alternative after all. There are a lot of ways in solving a problem, and when plan B fails, there are still a lot of plans waiting for me to come up with and to apply them. They say its trial and error, to keep on trying till you can come up with the most appropriate method to solve the problem.

I think you will agree with me that if you are doing a particular task for a long time, you will tend to lose some of the motivation or passion as time passes by. This is what I am feeling at the moment, the feeling of being stuck and unable to proceed further. Its like reaching the dead end of a road, being at the peak of a mountain or etc. Have I reached the peak or have achieved everything which I am supposed to do so at a tender age of 26? The answer is a definite NO. Maybe in terms of my current task which I am doing right now, I can say that I have reached the peak or have achieved whatever is required of me. I am also fully aware that life is a journey and that there are still a lot of challenges and obstacles waiting for me to conquer them. You are not considered the best if you have finished climbing one mountain, completing a race, winning a soccer match and so on. In order to be considered the best, you need to go beyond that. Climbing and reaching the peak of all the mountains in the world, completing in a lot of races which you can participate in, and winning in a lot of soccer matches which you can play in are the keys to a successful life. Challenges does not end in a single event, but is actually a continuous process which has to be tackled till one can fight no more. This is what I want in life, to take on challenges and obstacles till my last breath, to fight till I cannot do so..... .

I do not wish to be the frog in the well, being unable to see further unless I make an effort to jump out of it. It is indeed a terrifying prospect to be that frog in the well, as you are unable to see what the future lies ahead and slowly waiting for someone's rescue. Why depend on others for help?


Picture of myself taken before the event. This is my first appearance in my blog. =)

My office desk. I will soon be transferred to a new department in February. Really miss this place.
After some careful consideration, I have agreed to be transferred out of my current department and to a place where I will be given ample opportunities to grow, in terms of career prospects and job opportunities. I have to admit that it is a really hard decision to make, but I have to do so after all. I think its the right time for me to move ahead and to open a new chapter in my life... .

In roughly a few weeks time, I will be embarking on this new journey, taking on new challenges, being given a chance to upgrade and to make myself more marketable so as to remain competitive in the job market.

I will definitely treasure the fond memories of my current workplace, but life still has to go on. I have to move on, in search of what is best for me. I have to accomplish something in life, to attain some of the targets which I have set for myself.

I will be looking forward to this day......, and really hope that I will be able to do well in this new challenge.

* Have I given the secret away? I think its up to you to decipher this message.... .

Link: http://wilson1980.blogspot.com/2007/01/in-8-days-time.html