Will Power

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Frustrating Friday

Had a really lousy friday. It was not what I have expected it to be. Maybe it was not so bad, but I have still managed to keep my frustrations in control and not to let it boil over... .

Lets start from the beginning of that eventful day:

Almost woke up late for work and was in a frantic rush. Missed the bus but still managed to make it to my workplace in time.

Managed to get a grip of myself and did my work without any trouble. Towards the later part of the morning, close to lunchtime, My phone suddenly went dead. There was no tone at all..... . Sent in my request for assistance through the company's system and went straight for lunch, hoping that the problem will be resolved.

After lunch, I was still waiting for that assistance to come, but there was no response from them. Had to share the phone with my colleague. Despite the difficulty, I still managed to settle and to somehow close 2 cases.

"Maybe it was not bad after all," I thought to myself. But, the worse is still yet to come..... .

Went to catch a movie, Letters from Iwo Jima. In fact, I really wanted to catch it last week. Due to some unforseen circumstances, I did not do so. Now, I really regretted it.

Made my way down to Cathay Cineleisure Orchard to catch this emotional show. Choose a seat towards the back of the theatre and it was awful! (More of that cinema experience later).

Had a quick 10 minutes dinner as the show starts at 7 in the evening. Did not really get to enjoy it, as I swallowed everything down due to lack of time. I did not like this feeling, but there is no choice! Its either that I enjoy my dinner and be late for the show or vice versa.

Made my way down to the cinema theatre, located my seat and watched the show. Within 5 minutes, I heard the loud flushing sound of the toilet. Damn! my seat is located near it! Throughout the show, the sound coming out from the movie goes along with the flushing of the toilet. I am beginning to feel irritated.

Moreover, some of the people seated behind me were really irritating too. I think that they had misunderstood the theme of this movie. For the benefit of those who do not know what this film, Letters from Iwo Jima is about, let me explain it to you in simple terms. This movie is an emotional film about Japanese soldiers fighting against overwhelming odds in order to prevent the American soldiers from conquering Iwo Jima and making use of it to become an important base for their war against Japan. Even if you could not understand my writing, you can still use your common sense as I believe that all of you should agree that war is not funny at all... .

As in the typical war film, there will be explosions everywhere. Gory scenes are common, and that its best that we watch it with a certain amount of decorum or at least show some tact. Some of the people behind me are really a bunch of inconsiderate human beings, laughing at scenes of soldiers killing each other, bodies being blown apart and etc. No doubt, there are some funny scenes in the show, but how about those scenes which deals with the atrocities of war? Are they funny at all? Is it that funny to see people dying? If you are one of those people who is clearly enjoying yourself at the expense of others, I think that you seriously need to have your head examined.

In addition to that, the couple seated beside me are really a bunch of immature people. I did not mean to peep at what they were doing thoroughout the show, but seriously, their antics were way over the top. The male is okay with me, but his partner wasn't. Thoroughout the show, she was showing signs of impatience for the show to end, and was one of those who laughed out loud during the emotional parts. On top of that, she was practically hugging his boyfriend and was trying to get intimate. Girl, If you are not interested in this show, please leave and don't be a nuisance.

Its interesting to note that besides the usual handphone pests, we now have a different form of pests that are currently residing in our cinema theatres. They are not here to watch the show, but are there just to prevent others from enjoying it. Don't say that you have not been warned.... .

As for the enjoyment of the show, I would like to extend my token of "appreciation" to them, for ruining it. I guess that I have to wait for the VCD / DVD and to watch it again in the comfort of my room.

A screenshot from the movie, Letters From Iwo Jima

Oh, my bad day has not ended. While on my way back to home, I took a lift with a rather selfish person. Normally, when you are in the lift, you will press the buttons for the persons whom are in the same carriage as you. Its a form of basic courtesy and surely that guy did not observe it. Does it take a lot of your energy to press the button for me? Come on, there are only a few buttons. If I have noticed that you did not press the button number 6 (the level which the lift will be stopping), I will surely do it myself.

Well, that is it. Typical Singaporeans. We live in a world class country, but our manners aren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home