Will Power

Monday, July 2, 2007

Thoughts On My Birthday

Introduction:

Before I started writing on this posting topic, I would like to share something really private.

Days before my 27th birthday, I have to admit that I have been feeling a bit unstable. I do not know what causes this feeling, but I think it probably has to do with my upcoming birthday. I have been feeling particularly lonely and neglected on the days leading up to this special day. Maybe its because I am scared that people will not remember this day or they have totally forgotten about it. It is not as though I am that desperate for their presents, but I really hope that someone will send me a simple birthday greeting good enough to make my day.

1st July:

The day is my birthday. Feeling very down, slightly depressed even though this is my special day. Constantly checking on my mobile phone for incoming messages, but there isn't any. Feeling quite desperate, I sent a text message to a person whom I did not even get to talk to and yet got her number (sounds complicated?), telling her to send me a happy birthday message. As expected, I got nothing from her as she didn't even know me in the first place. This recipient of my message is a person whom really fits into the criteria of my princess.... .

My birthday ended without a single birthday greeting..... .

Day after 1st July:

It is monday, and I am feeling quite blue. Have to drag myself to work..... .

Reached the workplace with a visibly grumpy face, but that soon change when I saw something on my desk. What could it be? As I prepared to take a good look at the item, someone in front of me turned her head and wished me happy birthday. Yes, the two words which I have been longing to hear! Feeling quite happy, I proceeded to switch on my computer and to check my e-mails. The birthday greetings were coming in thick and fast, just like the flowing water out of the tap.

Ended the day with a smile on my face.

Thoughts on my Birthday:

I just turned 27 yesterday. I am happy and would like to share my joy here...... .

First and foremost, I would like to thank my working colleagues whom have been sending me Birthday wishes through e-mail. Although we seldom meet due to our busy work schedules, its nice to know that you still remember me. I would also like to thank those working colleagues whom we have never met or liaise before, and have been sending me Birthday greetings. Its great to receive your messages.

Secondly, to my pen pals. Its good to receive your electronic Birthday cards and wishes, hope that we can continue corresponding for as long as possible.

Thirdly, to Jason, Calisa and Huey Huey. Thanks for your lovely present. Its been a long time since I had gotten a present for my birthday. Although the shirt size is a tad too small, its okay as I can feel your sincerity in my heart. You people are the best!

Special thanks also to Vanessa, my insurance agent, for the lovely birthday card. Please keep up the good work and hope that you will make it to the Million Dollar Round Table soon. Really hope that we will be able to meet up and have a nice meal.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give my comments on my 27th birthday. I am very happy to know that I occupy a certain space in your hearts, and its a very heartwarming feeling indeed. I will not forget the times, be it good or bad. Your friendship will be forever remembered in my mind. Friends forever!

Lastly, wishes from the Birthday boy. Although I should have made my wishes on the day of my birthday, I feel that it is not too late to do it now. I hereby wish that people around me will be happy, healthy and wealthy. I also hope that I will be able to find my princess soon and to live happily ever after...... .

See you soon! Take care and god bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home