Will Power

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tevez: I Will Sign Up Now

Carlos Tevez wants to make his move to United permanent and says he would sign a contract “right now” if it was put in front of him.

Tevez is currently still on a loan contract, but with a Premier League winners’ medal already secured and a Champions League final to come next Wednesday he couldn’t be happier.

"I would certainly love to extend my contract, I am very happy here,” he said. “I would go and sign right now if the opportunity was there.

“From day one, everyone has treated me well and the fans even shout 'Argentina', which has made me feel right at home. That is why I am so happy here. Now to have the opportunity to win two big trophies is fantastic. The atmosphere around the squad is amazing.

"A lot of South Americans prefer to play in Italy or Spain when they move to Europe. Maybe one day I’ll play in La Liga, but I’m really pleased that I came to England. This is the best league in the world and I’m amongst some of the best footballers in the world. I’m really happy about that.”

Having experienced life at both ends of the Premier League table since arriving in England in summer 2006 – avoiding relegation with West Ham and winning the title with United – Tevez is well-placed to judge the state of the English game. And it comes as no shock to the diminutive forward that two Premier League sides are contesting the Champions League final.

“I’m not surprised it’s two English clubs in the final,” he said. “It’s the best league in the world and these are the best two English teams. I’m looking forward to it hugely. They’re happy days leading up to a final. We’re all excited about playing in such a big game.”

The Argentinian says the trophy-winning experience of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes could help make the difference between winning and losing.

“We have experienced players who know these situations,” says Carlos. “Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes can settle everyone down and help us prepare mentally for the game. It would be brilliant to make this the second big trophy of our season. On a European stage and the world stage.

"It will also be interesting to see how the teams line-up tactically. Hopefully it will be a free-flowing game. It depends how the manager sets out his stall. Sir Alex Ferguson likes to play attacking football but it doesn't really matter as long as we win.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home