Will Power

Sunday, December 7, 2008

United Players Love Santa

MANCHESTER UNITED stars want Sir Alex Ferguson to hijack derby rivals City’s bid for Roque Santa Cruz.

The Blackburn striker underlined his desire to leave Ewood Park when he said: “I’m interested in talking about my future. I want to be winning things and I want to play European football.

“Every player wants to play for the bigger clubs and I’m no different.”

City boss Mark Hughes plans to table a £15million offer for Santa Cruz in the January transfer window.

But United’s players believe the striker would be perfect to lead the line for them as they do not have an old- fashioned style centre- forward on their books.

United defender Danny Simpson is currently on loan at Blackburn and revealed there is plenty of interest in the Paraguayan international.

He said: “Roque Santa Cruz is up there with regards to the best player I have ever played with.

“The lads at Manchester United are always asking me about him as well and how good he really is.


“He was linked with United, wasn’t he? So the other lads were interested in what he had.

“Roque is world class. He is a great finisher and is powerful.”

Blackburn could turn to Salzburg’s Marc Janko as a replacement for Santa Cruz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home