Will Power

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kiko Craves More

Kiko Macheda was thrilled with his first taste of Champions League football, even if he was left shocked by United's failure to beat CSKA Moscow.

The 18-year-old Italian could have had a hat-trick, but fired narrowly off-target early on, was thwarted by Igor Akinfeev just before the break and thudded a late header against the post.

United's blushes were ultimately spared as Antonio Valencia's deflected drive sealed a 3-3 draw and a berth in the knockout rounds, giving Macheda the prospect of involvement in the Reds' final two group games.

"We should have done better, but personally I was very pleased to be involved," Kiko told MUTV. "I had a couple of chances and should have scored two goals.

"We're really pleased to have qualified. I hope I'll get another chance [in the Champions League]. I'm training hard every day and trying to do well and I will be very happy if I get another opportunity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home