Will Power

Friday, July 30, 2010

Chicharito Savours Dream Start

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez couldn't stop smiling on Wednesday night, following his impressive first game and goal for United.

The Mexican striker made his entrance in the 62nd minute and netted in the 84th after receiving Darren Fletcher's pass and lobbing the MLS All-Stars goalkeeper. His effort rounded off the Reds' scoring in an eventual 5-2 win.

In a post-match interview with MUTV's Stewart Gardner, Chicharito said: "I'm very happy, I enjoyed it. It was a nice goal, from a nice pass by Fletcher. I see the keeper and I shoot. I was waiting and working for this day through the holidays. I'm living a dream, I feel good and I'm going to work hard."

Chicharito was full of thanks after the game - to Sir Alex "for looking at me", to "all these people" in Houston for his rousing reception and to Gardner for the interview!

He's now relishing his second appearance, against his old club Chivas. "A lot of Mexican people are going to enjoy seeing Manchester United."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home