Will Power

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fergie Has Decision To Make

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has a decision to make on whether to include Anderson and Owen Hargreaves in his Manchester United squad this season.

New rules being introduced to the Premier League dictate teams must select a squad of 25 players, including eight who have been at the club for three years before they turned 21.

The squads must be submitted by 5pm on 1st September and clubs are not permitted to make any changes until the January transfer window.

The regulations have left United boss Ferguson with a dilemma over whether to call on midfield duo Anderson and Hargreaves for the first half of the campaign.

A comeback date for Hargreaves, who had a recent setback after double knee surgery, is yet to be set, while Anderson is unlikely to be fit before the end of September after a cruciate ligament injury.

Ferguson said: "It does give me a problem, but I have just got to wait as long as I can.

"I have to make a decision at some point of course and it depends on when I think those players can come back.

"Most of it (the squad) is formulated in my mind, but one or two I have to make decisions on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home