Will Power

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nani Thrilled To Be Back

United's tricky winger, Nani, was afforded his first chance to work his magic this season in the Reds' 2-1 loss to Kansas City Wizards.

The game - the third on United's pre-season tour - came just seven weeks after a collarbone injury forced the 23-year-old out of the summer's World Cup.

Nani played 68 minutes at the newly-renovated Arrowhead Stadium, but the scorching Missouri heat took its toll on the winger, who admits he was left yearning for some old-fashioned Manchester weather.

"It was hard for me to play in this weather," he told MUTV. "But it was good to come back and play my first game this season. Of course I still have a lot of work to do but it's a great feeling to come back and play with the team.

"When we are in England we cry because it's always raining and it's very cold, but now we miss the English weather!"

Temperatures will only rise as United's Americas trek moves on to Houston and Guadalajara for games against an MLS All-Stars XI and Mexican giants Chivas, respectively.

Nani will be itching to see more action in those matches as he continues to work towards full fitness.

"When I missed the World Cup it was a very bad time. But I was thinking, 'I can't wait for the season again so I can play and score goals and feel the crowd behind me again'.

"Now I'm so happy to be back and I hope to get fit as quickly as possible because I want to play well this season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home