Will Power

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tomasz Relishing 'Big' Term

Tomasz Kuszczak hopes the 2010/11 season will be a successful campaign for the team and also a positive one on a personal level.

With Ben Foster having left for pastures new, the path is now clear for the 28-year-old to really push Edwin van der Sar for the no.1 spot.

"I hope it'll be a big season for me," Tomasz told ManUtd.com. "This will be my fifth with the club and I hope to play even more games. My challenge is simple - after Edwin finishes I want to be no.1 at Manchester United.

"I've always tried to do my best here and I hope the boss will give me more chances to show I can be no.1 in the future. It's not easy to sit on the bench - I have many ambitions and I want to keep progressing as a player. Manchester United is a great club and I believe it's a club I can play at for many years."

A run of eleven straight matches between the posts from November to January last season was a real confidence booster for the Polish international, despite the challenge of playing behind a patched-up back four for a number of those games.

"I knew it was going to be very important for me to prove myself during that time," adds Kuszczak. "It was a difficult situation because we had a lot of injuries, but I enjoyed every game.

"To have a good run of matches really helped me with my form and gave me a lot of confidence. Playing games is the only way to impress the manager and the fans so it was fantastic to have that chance.

"I want to become a better goalkeeper and learn new things and hopefully I will get more opportunities this season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home