Will Power

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Smalling Loves United Life

Summer signing Chris Smalling says he’s enjoyed every minute of life so far as a Manchester United player.

Six weeks after officially signing for the Reds, the former non-league defender has already turned out for United in Canada, America, Mexico and Ireland. And his only United appearance in England so far came at Wembley Stadium.

“It’s been really exciting,” Smalling told TheFA.com. “When you join a new club you have to get to know everybody and I think I’ve surprised myself with how I’ve got on with all the players. I’ve played five or six games over pre-season so hopefully that has bedded me into the squad. I’m really enjoying it.

“The stature of the club is such that when we went over to America we were playing in front of 50 or 60,000 fans – it’s wowed me in terms of how big the club is. Hopefully I can take my chance and show that I belong here.”

The 20-year-old has already sampled silverware with United, coming off the bench during the Reds' Community Shield win against Chelsea last weekend. He says it was "a great start" to the season and hopes to win more trophies during his stay at Old Trafford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home