Will Power

Monday, January 31, 2011

Anders: A Dream Come True



Goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard enjoyed every minute of his Manchester United debut and says he’s now hungry for more action.

The Dane, who pulled on a Reds shirt for the first time in a competitive fixture in United’s 2-1 win at Southampton, was buzzing after fulfilling a childhood dream.

“It was one of the most enjoyable days of my life so far,” he told MUTV. “When you’ve dreamed of representing a club since you were four years old and finally the dream comes true, obviously it’s a very big thing. I enjoyed it a lot. It was a good debut.”

No blame was attached to Lindegaard for Southampton’s goal – a cracking shot that fizzed into the roof of the net – and the United fans who travelled to St Mary’s supported him for the entire 90 minutes.

“We had a moment when they hid the ball from me,” he said of the fans. “I believe we had a moment and it was very nice. They have taken very good care of me, both at Old Trafford and here today. I owe them a big thanks for supporting me.

“The game was a lot like the game at Blackpool. We didn’t play well in the first half and didn’t create any chances. Southampton went in 1-0 up at half-time but we managed to turn the game around. It’s nice to win.”

Now, after sampling his first taste of English football, Lindegaard wants another. He insists he hasn’t joined the club to sit on the bench and intends to challenge for the no.1 jersey.

“Everybody wants to play at this club and I’m no different. I dream of playing. I’m not here just to sit and pick my nose. I’m here to play.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home