Will Power

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jones Relishing United Challenge

United-bound defender Phil Jones has described his imminent move to Old Trafford as a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity.

The Reds announced on Monday 13 June that a deal was in place with Blackburn Rovers to bring the 19-year-old to the club as soon as the Under-21 European Championships have finished.

Within 90 minutes of the announcement, Jones had addressed his fans on social networking site Twitter, writing: “I’d just like to start off by saying that I've loved my time at Blackburn and I will always be a huge fan.

“But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I am looking forward to a new challenge. Thank you for all your kind messages.”

Soon-to-be-team-mate Michael Owen, who remains a Red for at least another year after agreeing a new deal earlier this month, welcomed the Jones deal as “great news”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home