Will Power

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Park Keen To Extend Stay

Ji-sung Park has reiterated his desire to sign a new contract with United.

Sir Alex Ferguson revealed last week that the Reds have offered Park a two-year extension and is confident of retaining the Korean’s services.

Park’s current contract runs until the end of the 2011/12 season but he’s keen to agree a fresh deal soon.

"Why not?" said the winger after Wednesday night’s 4-0 win over MLS All-Stars.

"I keep saying I want to stay here for more years to win things at Manchester United. Hopefully, one day we will get together."

Park’s goal on the brink of half-time against the All-Stars, a smart finish after a jinking run, was his third in four games on the Reds' pre-season tour of the USA.

That may be an unexpected tally for the Korean but he’s nevertheless looking to improve on his 2010/11 return of eight goals this season.

“It's quite a surprise to me!” he admitted. “I try to help the team to win but I know I have to score more goals, and I'll hopefully I'll get more than last season.

He added: “I enjoyed the game. We won 4-0, our fitness levels have increased and there were some good performances, so I'm happy.”

Park was talking to MUTV and PA Sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home