Will Power

Monday, August 27, 2012

Rafael Expects Exciting Season


Having chipped in with a rare goal in the Reds’ triumph over Fulham, Rafael can foresee an exciting 2012/13 campaign for United.

The Brazilian headed home the third goal of a blistering first half notable for the swaggering, incisive attacking play served up by Sir Alex Ferguson’s side.

“Everyone knows everyone has these skills and everyone scores,” he told MUTV. “We will score a lot of goals this season, I hope.

“I know I’ve not scored many goals, but I’m very happy. I hope to score more goals. I enjoy my game, I’m just getting mature now and I love football, so it’s all good.”

The Reds’ other goalscorers were new arrivals Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa, and Rafael has been suitably impressed by their contributions since joining the club.

“You see van Persie is just a top goalscorer,” he said. “All the time he has a chance, he can put the ball there. What a goal. He’s a top player and I’m very proud for him. (Kagawa) is a quick player. He has ability, skills, I think he has a future here in Manchester!”

Rafael did concede, however, that there were concerns about the manner in which United allowed Fulham to make a fight of the fixture, though he expects the return of Jonny Evans to make a telling difference in defence.

“We let them score the second goal and it was hard when this happened,” he admitted. “They were motivated by the goal but in the end it was a good result. Jonny Evans is back now, so that’s good for us.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home