Will Power

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Abrasive Stance Suits Büttner

Alex Büttner admits his aggressive approach to the game stood him in good stead during his first season in the Barclays Premier League.

The Dutch left-back admires United skipper Nemanja Vidic's no-nonsense style on the pitch and believes it helped him pick up his first-ever champions' medal.

"I always want to play aggressively," he reveals in an exclusive interview with the new issue of Inside United. "I try to - how do you say? - play strong. I like to play hard. It’s my game.

"I think you can see when you look at 'Vida' that he’s the same. He is a monster on the field. I like that. If I see that, I can learn from him. It’s nice to play with these kinds of defenders here."

In terms of aims for next season, it is clear that Büttner realises he needs to work hard in training to impress new boss David Moyes.

When asked for his ambitions for 2013/14, he replied: "To train hard again every day and I want to be better every day. Of course, I want to play more games. I'll go for that. My first season was good, like I have said, but I hope my second season will go better.

"Of course, I have my first champions’ medal. In my life, I have never been a champion before. It felt good to get the medallion as a Premier League champion for the first time."

Büttner also hopes that an international call-up for the Netherlands may not be too far away as he continues to prove his worth at Old Trafford.

"Yes, I hope it’s close," he stated. "I have to be patient. When I play here, I can play there. I have patience when I say that I'm for the future. Of course they are following me now and hopefully that will be okay."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home