Will Power

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scholes Passes On New Role

David Moyes has revealed that Paul Scholes has temporarily turned down the chance to join the coaching staff at Manchester United in order to spend time with his family.

The boss was hoping to add the Reds legend to his burgeoning backroom team after recruiting Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville, who were added to the team last week following the recent appointments of Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods.

However, speaking during his first-ever press conference as United manager, Moyes did hint of a future role for Scholes, who is keen to help out at the Aon Training Complex following a short break from football.

“I wanted to make sure I had connections to what happened here,” David explained, when quizzed on the appointment of Giggs and Neville. “I spoke to Paul Scholes as well. He wants to have some time off with his family.

“I also spoke with Rene [Meulensteen] but he wanted to move on. So then the obvious choice was Ryan. He's an incredible footballer. To get him and Phil Neville together...I wanted to make sure I had some young members of staff behind me as well.”

Expanding on his exchange with Scholes, he added: “Paul was fantastic with me and wanted to help a lot. I probably spent an hour or two on the phone with him. He wants to spend time with his family at the moment. We'll bring him in when he's ready.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home