Will Power

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jose Blames Moyes

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United manager David Moyes is to blame for putting Wayne Rooney at the centre of a summer transfer saga.

Mourinho claims Chelsea only made their move for Rooney after Moyes suggested the striker was second choice at Old Trafford behind Robin van Persie.

Chelsea are set to return with a third bid for Rooney following Monday night's Premier League clash between the sides, despite being told the England man is not for sale.

It was put to Mourinho that he will not be the most popular man at Old Trafford in a match where there is an opportunity to strike an early blow in the title race.

"Why? They are against me?" the Chelsea boss said.

"But I didn't say (to Rooney) you will be a second choice for me. And they are against me?

"We are trying to get a player that the manager told 'you will be a second option'. We are not going for (Robin) van Persie.

"They don't have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when (Frank) Lampard is tired or injured, if somebody comes here to get Ramires, nobody is upset."

Asked if it is Moyes who was to blame for the Rooney situation, Mourinho said: "Of course."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home