Will Power

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Powell: I Want United Start

On-loan midfielder Nick Powell believes his European experience with Wigan will benefit him when he eventually returns to Manchester United.

The 19-year-old scored his third goal in two Europa League matches in the 1-1 draw with Rubin Kazan which keeps the Latics on course for the knock-out stage.

Powell, who has been farmed out to the Championship club to gain experience by new Red Devils boss David Moyes, admits he has had a mixed season so far but retains a longer-term view.

"My overall assessment of my time with Wigan would be average so far - I've had a couple of good games, a couple of bad ones and a couple that have been all right," he said.

"I'm still getting my fitness back and I need to get my sharpness.

"I've come on loan to get games and I'm happy to be doing that and contributing to the team.

"I've managed to get my goals in Europe rather than the league and I think I need to start scoring in the league because we are not getting the points we need.

"But it (Europe) helps me especially considering United are in Europe.

"Hopefully I will get back to United playing in Europe. Everyone wants to play in Europe, whether it's the Europa League or Champions League."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home