Will Power

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mata: De Gea Helping Me

Juan Mata has been bowled over by the reception he has received at Manchester United.

The Reds' new £37.1million record signing flew into the Aon Training Complex on Saturday and trained with his new team-mates for the first time on Sunday ahead of his likely debut against Cardiff City.

Writing on his official blog, the Spain international admits fellow countryman David De Gea has already helped him to settle in his new surroundings.

"I'm starting on this new road, full of excitement and looking forward to keep enjoying football," he said. "I have to say that the reception from the club, team-mates, manager and fans has been superb.

"I feel even more motivated to face this wonderful challenge! I'm very happy I have the opportunity to be in a team with amazing players who have won so many trophies. One of them, De Gea, has been a good friend of mine for years and he's helping me a lot these days.

"On Sunday, I met my new team-mates and I had my first training session with them. By the way, the facilities at the training ground are [of a] top level. Spectacular!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home