Will Power

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blind Discusses His United Role

Daley Blind has explained his role in the Manchester United side as he continues to prove his versatility.

The summer signing scored as a Netherlands midfielder in Wednesday's 3-2 friendly defeat to Mexico, five days after serving the Reds as a centre-back. Injuries and Chris Smalling's suspension led to Blind operating there against Crystal Palace and he produced an accomplished display as United kept a first clean sheet in seven games.

Although the Dutchman established himself as a deep-lying midfielder with his former domestic team Ajax, Blind has often played at left-back for his country and is willing to do the same for his club if Louis van Gaal ever requires it.

In a recent interview with ManUtd.com, Blind said: "I think midfield is a good position for me and it's also where I can help the team the most.

"Maybe my qualities are better for that position but, if the trainer needs me for the left full-back position, then I will play there. It is no problem for me."

When asked to describe his playing style, he added: "I think I am a player who keeps the ball and helps the rest of the team. I'm somebody who tries to play the easy pass instead of the difficult option, but it's also there [in this area of my game] that I have to improve myself. I always try to do my best and do what the coach asks of me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home