Will Power

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Saha Sees Bright Future At United

Louis Saha believes Manchester United are heading in the right direction under Louis van Gaal, who he feels has brought momentum back to the club.

After a disappointing campaign last term, the Reds have got back into the Barclays Premier League top four this season and after a weekend of FA Cup shocks are one of only a handful of big names left in the famous competition, despite a draw at Cambridge on Friday.

Saha has followed the team's progress closely and will be watching Saturday's Leicester match alongside thousands of fans at the United:Live event in Jakarta. And the Frenchman is confident in van Gaal's ability to bring more positive results and, in time, trophies back to Old Trafford.

"From my view, I think he is still looking for his best team and is still missing one or two players. But there are very positive things to say as well because we've bought some terrific players and brought the passion back to the hearts of the fans," Saha told ManUtd.com.

"The main thing is to be up there challenging again. In some ways last year we lost momentum. This year is definitely better, more with a solid base than before. It is all about transition. This transition is going on now and it will take time for the manager to understand fully about the club because it is a special one. I'm sure that any manager who comes in would struggle [at first].

"I can see that the team has progressed but I think there is still a long way to go to get back to where we belong, in first spot. For sure though, it's not easy in the Premier League. There is more competition and more big players. It is a massive challenge but I'm confident Manchester United will be up there very soon. This manager is really passionate about the game and I really hope he can bring us success."

Despite a United career peppered by injuries, Saha, who spent four and a half years at Old Trafford, has fond memories of his time as a Red and feels privileged to still be involved with the club.

"If you'd have asked me to look back on my career straight after I left United I would have said I was very frustrated because maybe I could have played more, maybe won more trophies. You look at your injuries and you do get frustrated," he admitted.

"Then you look back now and you can say I was a United player, who played, enjoyed it, scored some goals and did some really nice things. I can be happy about that. I'm proud now. I look back and I really enjoyed my time at United. When you're a competitor and you're on the inside with your objective or target, you're always very demanding. You always look for more, which is not the case anymore because I'm not playing, so I'm a bit more relaxed and happy.

"It’s great to still work with the club. I think it’s up to the way you behave as a player - the link and respect that you have with the club belongs to the commitment you have when you're a player. I will always respect everybody at United very much. Today I see the club as a second family. I've been supported when I was down, so I will do my best to represent the club in the best way possible."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home