Will Power

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Blind Rates His Debut Campaign

Daley Blind admits he has learned a lot about Manchester United and the Barclays Premier League during his debut season at Old Trafford, which he feels has been a success on a personal level.

The Dutchman signed from Ajax on transfer deadline day last summer and has since scored two goals in 28 appearances, while also earning the widespread respect of Reds supporters with his ability to impress in both central midfield and at left-back. Although Blind admits he has grown tired towards the end of the season, which is fair considering he previously enjoyed a winter break when playing in Holland, the 25-year-old is content with his efforts and hopes to improve throughout the 2015/16 campaign.

"It was a good season for me," Blind told MUTV at the Aon Training Complex on Friday. "I tried to get involved very quickly at Manchester United. I tried to feel at home as soon as possible and the team very much helped me with that. I think I did well. There were a couple of games towards the end of the season where it was difficult, but I always worked hard, especially in the beginning until after winter, so I did quite well. I found my level and only in the last few weeks was it a bit difficult for me. It has been a long season as well.

"You learn a lot over a season. For example, I learned how big the club is and how important the fans are. Home or away, they are always there to support us and that is an important thing.”

Asked what he has enjoyed the most during his debut campaign, Blind is quick to answer: "Playing at Old Trafford. I enjoy it every time I get to walk down the tunnel and get on the pitch. Especially the top games against Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. I also enjoyed Liverpool away. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the Premier League."

United’s final match of the season is at Hull City, a team who must win to stay in the division. Reds legend Steve Bruce is in charge at the KC Stadium and it would be disappointing to see him go down, but Blind is totally focused on winning: "We are Manchester United, we need to win and we want to finish strong. I know where Hull are standing now and it is a pity for them, but I always want to win a game. They’ll fight very hard so we are going to have to prepare ourselves for that. It's going to be a good game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home