Will Power

Sunday, February 28, 2016

LVG Blasts Media Over Jose Talk

Louis van Gaal has labelled talk of Jose Mourinho replacing him as manager of Manchester United as 'an absolute scandal'.

Pressure has eased marginally on the Dutchman this week after securing safe progress to the FA Cup quarter-finals and setting up a Europa League last-16 tie with Liverpool.

However, some bookmakers have former Chelsea boss Mourinho, who worked with Van Gaal when the latter was head coach at Barcelona, as short as 1/6 to succeed the Dutchman in the Old Trafford hot seat.

And Van Gaal was scathing about the media over their reporting of the story, telling TV channel RTL7: "[Mourinho] has said things a number of times with a lot of words.

"But he does not have to tell me anything. I find the whole thing ridiculous.

"No, I don't want United to do something either. I don't even want them to react to things which I read in the media or which are being created.

"We, the club and I, are not going to help the media right now by denying things.

"I think what is happening is an absolute scandal."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home