Will Power

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Van Gaal: Morgan's Best Performance

Louis van Gaal believes Morgan Schneiderlin enjoyed "by far" his best performance in a Manchester United shirt during Thursday's Europa League success over Midtjylland.

The France international hit a post and was unlucky not to score on another couple of occasions but it was his all-round performance that impressed his manager. Ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League test against Arsenal at Old Trafford, the summer signing from Southampton's form is certainly encouraging.

Schneiderlin was an unused substitute when the Reds went down 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium in early October but will hope to patrol the midfield against the title-chasing Gunners this weekend.

"Nobody is talking about Morgan Schneiderlin," said van Gaal after Thursday's game. "But Morgan Schneiderlin played his best match. By far, his best match.

"I am happy for Morgan. It is sometimes that players get the spotlight and some players never get the spotlight. That’s a pity because when you analyse the game and you shall see that Morgan Schneiderlin has played a very good match."

Schneiderlin spoke to United Review recently, ahead of United's meeting with Stoke City earlier in the month, and discussed how much he is relishing the challenges that come with being a Red and how he is always striving to improve.

When asked how he would assess his own form in his debut campaign, he told us: "I’m very critical of myself. I want to do a lot better and I know I can do a lot better because I think there are things that I haven’t shown yet. I’m working hard every day to improve and I’m confident I can show my qualities. I had a good spell in October and November then I had an injury but I feel better and better as the weeks go on.

"Every weekend [at United] you are expected to win and people are looking at every aspect of your game. The expectations here are to be the best and at 100 per cent in every game and that’s something I relish, I love it. It helps you become a better player and that’s what I want."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home