Will Power

Friday, February 26, 2016

Van Gaal's Verdict On Stunning Win


Louis van Gaal praised the performance of his Manchester United players following Thursday night's emphatic 5-1 win over Midtjylland in the Europa League Round of 32. Here are the main points from the manager's post-match interviews with MUTV and BT Sport...

On the result

"It was a great performance and I think the fans will have enjoyed our attacking football. I believe they crossed the middle line for the first time when they scored. Normally you get a decline in confidence, but it was not like that as we scored, but missed a penalty – unbelievable! Still we kept going and going so I must give great compliment to my players because it is not so easy to do that."

Team spirit

"It is unbelievable, how the spirit of the team is. I hope that the fans shall have enjoyed this game as there has been a lot of spectacular football - there were a lot of attacking situations. It is unbelievable too when you see this in advance of the match when we lose Anthony Martial. At the end, 5-1 with many youngsters in the team is fantastic."

Marcus Rashford

"He was unbelievable. I think he ran too much in the first half, across the whole pitch, and I think a striker has to play more in the width of the goal. I told him at half-time that he would score if he did that, and he scored twice, so it’s fantastic! It’s not only great for him, but also the team because we needed this victory. We are still fighting in three competitions and not many clubs can say that."

Memphis Depay

"I have seen a fantastic performance from Memphis, everyone has seen that – I think he was also spectacular. I hope he’ll also show that against Arsenal; it’s another level, but I’m very confident he’ll do it."

Upcoming games

"You can say that [we are moving in the right direction] but we have to play Arsenal within two days which is, more or less, not easy to do as your players have to recover. We have to cope with that and I hope it shall be a very good match."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home