Will Power

Friday, September 30, 2016

Fosu-Mensah On The Rise

Tim Fosu-Mensah stressed the three points were the most important thing after Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League but he enjoyed getting more minutes under his belt.

The Dutch youngster played his second game of the season following his start at Northampton Town in the EFL Cup, when he hit the bar, and was on the pitch for 74 minutes, crossing in the lead-up to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's winner, as the Reds kept the momentum going following last weekend's win over Leicester City.

"It’s important to get the three points," he told MUTV. "We lost in Holland [to Feyenoord] and it was a must-win game for us.

"The last game at home against Leicester we did very well. Our attitude was very good and we wanted to maintain that and that’s what we did tonight.

"I’m feeling better and better," he added. "As a footballer, you just want to play football. When you play football, you feel happy. I played against Northampton and I played today and I feel happy."

The 18-year-old spoke highly of some of his team-mates for helping him to become a better player. "I listen to the players," he explained. "Wazza [Wayne Rooney], Carrers [Michael Carrick], the more senior players like Zlatan. I listen to them a lot and they help me to develop into a better player. I also speak very well with Chris [Smalling], he's a good guy and he helps me a lot as well."

Fosu-Mensah also cast his eye forward to the weekend’s clash with Stoke City at Old Trafford by saying: "I think we are in good form, in good shape and we want to keep winning."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home