Will Power

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Herrera Feels Passion Like The United Fans

Ander Herrera has a special bond with the Manchester United supporters and, although the Spaniard is not from the city, he believes he shares the same passion and love for the club.

That much was evident on Wednesday night when Herrera produced a typically passionate performance in the Reds’ 1-0 win over neighbours Manchester City at Old Trafford in the fourth round of the EFL Cup, with compatriot Juan Mata scoring the only goal in the second half.

Herrera was asked by MUTV after the final whistle whether he enjoys the feisty midfield battles in matches like the derby and the 27-year-old delivered a characteristically emotive response.

“I like these games,” Ander admitted with a smile. “When you are a Manchester United player and you know the history of this club, you have to respect the games that are for the fans.

“I feel it like them. I know I am not English and I am not from Manchester, but I really love this club and I have enjoyed my time here. I don’t want to be just one more player. I want to show that I am very happy here and I want to be here for as long as possible.”

On the support of the fans, Herrera continued: “It didn’t surprise me. I have had bad moments here. Last season we lost two or three games in a row before having Chelsea at home and the atmosphere was one of the best. Man United fans are always with the team and not every team can say that.”

Herrera felt United deserved thevictory over City on the night and was pleased by the way his team-mates bounced back from the disappointing defeat at Chelsea last Sunday. His attention has now turned to Saturday’s tough Premier League match with Burnley at Old Trafford.

“We have to keep our feet on the floor because now the most important thing is coming and that is the Premier League,” Ander told MUTV. “We have to face Burnley, they are fighting in every game like a final like we have seen against Everton. It is not so easy to beat Everton.

“We have to prepare for it. We can enjoy this result but on Thursday we change the focus. It is another final, we want to be at the top of the table and we want to win.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home