Will Power

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Jose: Barcelona's The Best End To US Trip

Jose Mourinho says matches against Real Madrid and Barcelona are "the best way to finish" the United States leg of Tour 2017, presented by Aon.

The Reds have so far claimed four wins from four during the pre-season visit across the pond and Barcelona are United’s final opponents on American soil, in Washington DC on Wednesday night.

After overcoming Real Madrid on penalties, Mourinho is looking forward to another strong test against a side from La Liga and says he will ensure his squad clock up more valuable minutes ahead of the start of the new campaign.

"It is the best way to finish [this trip to the US]," he declared. "We started by playing against MLS teams which was a very good experience for us because they are in the middle of their competition. Then we got a good English team [Manchester City] and then Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"Real Madrid in the first half almost played their best team. Only Ramos and Ronaldo didn't play. Now with Barcelona, it looks to me that everybody is here with a new manager and new players. So I think it is the best way to finish the pre-season, to play against the best players, the best teams, and it is an experience we want to live.

"Against Real Madrid I had players that played 90 minutes and the same against City. I also had players that played 75 or 60 or 45 and it will be more of the same. [Marouane] Fellaini and [Anthony] Martial played 90 minutes against Madrid so they won’t play 90 against Barcelona. I will do this kind of rotation with everyone again and I am going to play every player.

"I am not obsessed with the result. It's more important to train well and give minutes to everybody. But we want to play and it is good for us. I know that we cannot play Barcelona in the Champions League group phase because we are in the same level for the draw so it is even better to play now."

Mourinho reflected on a highly successful stay in the States and praised the club’s planning and execution of the tour.

"The facilities, organisation, the people in the club work hard, the players work hard... everything was good. The two injuries [Mata and Herrera] were small so if we manage to go home tomorrow with no injuries and everything so well organised like we've had then I'm really happy with the pre-season. It's magnificent."

The United boss was also asked whether he is already starting to formulate his starting XI for the opening match of the Premier League, but he insisted there are many variables involved in picking his team.

"It depends on opponents, it depends on matches, depends on moments," he explained. "The squad is okay and if you manage to have one or two players more then it will be perfect with great balance and lots of options.

"I can't say now that I know the team that is going play the first match against West Ham because honestly I know nothing about West Ham. I just know who they have bought but I haven’t analysed them and I don’t know what to say now. What I can say is we have almost a very good and balanced squad that gives me options and that's good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home