Will Power

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fosu-Mensah enjoying Palace challenge


Tim Fosu-Mensah is enjoying life at Crystal Palace despite the pressure of battling relegation with the Eagles.

The impressive win at Huddersfield Town last time out eased the Londoners' worries towards the wrong end of the table and the defender can be extremely satisfied with the amount of game time he has received in the Premier League.

At 20, Fosu-Mensah is developing all the time and is part of the Netherlands' senior squad for Friday night's friendly against England.

When MUTV asked if he was pleased with how things have gone at Selhurst Park, he replied: "Definitely. I think I’ve got opportunities to play at Palace, and even from Jose Mourinho as he gave me the chance to develop and express myself here at Crystal Palace. Yeah, it’s going well for me but I have to keep going.

"Every week, you have to perform. It’s a battle, a big battle, and we try to stay positive. It’s good for me to be involved in this situation. I've learned more about the games in the Premier League and how tough it can be, mostly. I have enjoyed it here."

Of course, the Dutchman had to sit out the recent encounter with the Reds, won 3-2 by Jose's side with an injury-time strike by Nemanja Matic, due to the terms of his loan.

"You want to know how it is to play against United and compete against the players you have played with in a Premier League game," he admitted. "But the rules are the rules. It was good to see the players again, though.

"As I say, I still have a lot to learn. I have to develop myself so I have to keep improving."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home