Will Power

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Berbatov Aims For Silverware


Dimitar Berbatov is aiming to end his first season at United with at least two major pieces of silverware.

The Bulgarian won the Carling Cup with Spurs last season and is keen to increase his medal collection by helping the Reds repeat the Double triumph of 2008.

"To be part of this team, coming from where I come from, a small country, it’s great for me," the striker told FourFourTwo magazine. "In two years at Tottenham I achieved a lot, but now I have moved on and I’m now here, and this is the biggest club in the world.

"Manchester United belong in the Champions League. They are the champions and they have a great history. Last season, United won the Champions League and Premier League which is a dream come true for every player, but I missed it. Now I’m here, I want that too."

Berbatov received a largely negative reaction when he returned to White Hart Lane with the Reds in December and, with United pitted against his former employers in the FA Cup later this month, he is keen to bury the hatchet.

"Tottenham gave me my chance in English football, gave me a chance to show my quality," said the 27-year-old striker. "I really appreciate everything they did for me and I want to say a big thank you. But in the end I had to move, I just wanted to improve. When they told me that Sir Alex wanted me, my answer was 'yes'."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home