Will Power

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wembley Here We Come!

Darron Gibson is looking forward to a grand day out at Wembley after helping United reach the Carling Cup final with victory over Derby.

The young Irishman produced another composed and sound performance in midfield as the Reds triumphed 4-3 on aggregate to book their place in the March 1 showpiece.

"I’m buzzing," Gibson told MUTV. "I can’t wait to go to Wembley - it’ll be my first major final so I’m really looking forward to it.

"It was a good game. We knew we had to be offensive from the start, we scored two early goals and deserved to win in the end. I think the game was over after we scored two, although they did well to get back into it."

This was Gibson's ninth appearance of the season and the 21-year-old is delighted to be a growing part of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans, particularly in this competition.

"It’s unbelievable," he said. "I see players like Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick on the bench and there’s no better feeling. It’s good that the boss is keeping faith with me and putting me in there."

Gibson is now hoping Burnley can spring a major surprise in the other semi-final on Wednesday, by overturning a 4-1 first-leg deficit against Tottenham.

He added: "It should be a good game, Burnley have a lot of work to do to pull it back, but hopefully they can do something."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home