Will Power

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fergie Not Expected To Retire

Manchester United winger Nani does not expect manager Sir Alex Ferguson to retire any time soon.

Ferguson guided United to their 19th league title as a result of last weekend's draw with Blackburn and they are now planning for a UEFA Champions League final showdown with Barcelona on 28th May.

There has been speculation that the 69-year-old Scot could quit the dugout if he wins a third European Cup by beating Pep Guardiola's men at Wembley next week.

But Portugal international Nani does not expect Ferguson, who changed his mind about retiring in 2002, to walk away while the hunger for winning trophies continues to provide ambition.

"He still does very well in his job. He feels very confident, very well," said Nani at an event to launch the new adidas Predator boot in London.

"He can go to the training ground and see the training and do the training.

"He will stay because he loves football and loves to win the trophies."

Nani, 24, also admits that Ferguson has had a huge influence on his career since his arrival from Sporting Lisbon in 2007.

"He has been very important for me, everyone knows," said Nani.

"When I arrived at Manchester, and the opportunity they gave me, today I can say he is the most important person in my career since I arrived in Manchester because I have grown up as a player, I have learned a lot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home