Will Power

Monday, June 27, 2011

Anders Up For United Fight

Anders Lindegaard has vowed to fight for his place in the Manchester United side next season.

Danish international Lindegaard, who joined United last January from Aalesund, found himself third-choice keeper last season behind Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak.

Despite the retirement of Van der Sar, Lindegaard could find his path to the starting XI blocked by the possible arrival of David De Gea from Atletico Madrid.

Lindegaard, who made only two first-team appearances last season, is excited about the new season ahead and is ready to do all he can to win the No.1 shirt at Old Trafford.

"I am really excited to get things started. It will be an exciting season for me and for the team," Lindegaard told Norwegian daily Sunmorsposten.

"I will fight with all I have for the position to be mine.

"The goal for Manchester United is to win as many titles as possible and I will do my best to contribute to this."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home