Will Power

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Strikers Revel In Reebok Romp

Fresh from sharing all five goals in a stunning win over Bolton, Wayne Rooney and Chicharito were in chipper mood, post-match at the Reebok Stadium.

The Mexican striker bagged a brace on his first start of the season, but Rooney went one better to notch his second successive hat-trick, and admitted afterwards that United could have had even more in a one-sided affair.

"We always know Bolton's a difficult place to come, but we got an early goal and kicked on from there," Rooney told ESPN. "Thankfully the win was a bit easier than we thought, but we still had to work hard for it.

"We controlled the game and I think it could have been a lot more, but obviously I'm delighted to score a hat-trick again. First start with Chicha and we both scored, so it's great."

The England striker has scored eight goals across United's four Barclays Premier League matches this term, and attributes his fine form to an uninterrupted summer of preparation.

"I had a long time to rest," he conceded. "I wanted a good pre-season under my belt and thankfully I've done that, steered clear of injuries and it's helped me for the start of the season."

Chicharito, meanwhile, was in typically modest mood after notching a clinical brace of close-range finishes, ranking the victory ahead of his own achievement and lauding more praise on his strike partner.

"Like I always say, the most important thing is the result," said the Mexican. "We got three points from a very difficult team like Bolton and we're delighted. I think every player can play with Wayne Rooney, he's playing really well. We know that Wazza's a world class player and a player who can do everything."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home