Will Power

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Van der Gouw Rates Büttner

Former keeper Raimond van der Gouw believes Alex Büttner can be satisfied with his first season at Manchester United.

Van der Gouw, who played in the Red Heart United Legends match against Real Madrid recently, is currently goalkeeping coach at Vitesse Arnhem.

Büttner left Vitesse in the summer to join the Reds and played 13 games in all, starting all but one of those matches, and scored a couple of goals for good measure.

"I don't get to see United as much as I want to because I'm too busy with the job at my club in Holland," van der Gouw told ManUtd.com. "But I think Alex can be pleased.

"He did really well. I think he wants to play a few more minutes of course but it depends on how it goes for next season. I read an article from him and he said he had a chat with Patrice Evra and [he'd said] that Alex should be very happy with the minutes he's played now as it was a massive step from where he was coming from."

Vitesse enjoyed a fine campaign in Büttner's absence and are competing for a place in next season's Europa League.

"We had a very good season," explained van der Gouw. "We finished fourth in the league and, next season, will play in Europe - we just have to play a few qualification games. So it was really good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home