Will Power

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Onuoha Backs Ferdinand For QPR

QPR defender Nedum Onuoha has admitted that he would like to see Rio Ferdinand join the newly-promoted side this summer.

Ferdinand is available as a free agent after being released by Manchester United at the end of the season, but is currently on media duties at the World Cup in Brazil.

The 35-year-old was limited to 23 appearances in all competitions during the last campaign and was allowed to leave following 12 years at Old Trafford, in which he won 10 major trophies.

Following their return to the top-flight, QPR are among the clubs that Ferdinand has been linked with and a move would see him reunite with the manager who handed him his professional debut at West Ham, Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp will be looking to strengthen his squad over the summer and Onuohu believes that Ferdinand is the type of player that has what is required.

"Someone like that - his track record speaks for itself and having played a good few games for Man U this year, and coming from there you would like to think you can pretty much play anywhere," he told Get West London.

Meanwhile, Ferdinand insists that he has no plans for retirement with a number of offers already presented to him.

"It’s feasible that in the coming weeks, perhaps even while I’m in South America, I’ll make a decision about the next stage in my career, and when that happens I’ll tell you about it," he said.

"But I have options on the table from several clubs in England and overseas for next season and I’m intending to play on if the right situation arises.

"There is, in all honesty, nothing settled yet. Whatever I do next has to be right for me and my family and I’m going to take it one season at a time.

"I’m keeping myself fit and in shape, doing my running and my workouts, so I’ll be ready for whatever new club I join."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home