Will Power

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Van Gaal Is Proud Of Rooney As United Captain

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says Wayne Rooney’s performances this season have vindicated his choice to make the 29-year-old club captain.

Van Gaal elected Rooney to the role last August and he has led by example throughout the 2014/15 campaign, both on and off the field.

For the boss, Rooney’s commitment to the cause and willing adaptability are qualities that mark him out as a strong skipper.

"He's a very good captain, I am very proud," van Gaal said. "I don't have any disappointment this year with him. He's great in the dressing room and an example on the training pitch.

"When we play a match he shall always fight until the end. He has played a lot of positions for me, without complaining.

"That's also what I like in Ashley Young, who has also played a lot of positions at a high level. I like multi-functional players as they offer you more that the team needs than other players.

"I think I have made a very good decision [making Rooney captain] and you can also see in the way we have played. I think that we have fought 99% of our matches until the end. The team spirit was great."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home