Will Power

Friday, January 27, 2017

No Mourinho Grudge For Depay

Memphis Depay says he did not have a "bad relationship" with Jose Mourinho, even though he hardly played under him at Manchester United.

The 22-year-old left Old Trafford last week to join Lyon after falling out of favour under Mourinho. He played just 20 minutes in the Premier League this season before he was sold in a deal that could be worth £21.7m.

Following his departure, Mourinho did not rule out a return to United one day for Depay, who he said is "potentially a very good player".

And Depay does not appear to hold any grudge, telling OL TV: "His words were nice. In Manchester, I always worked as I had to. For me personally, it wasn't all that easy, I needed to play. But we didn't have a bad relationship.

"He's a great coach and a great person. Now we'll see here how I play. In any case, I think he has said good things about me."

Depay made his debut for Lyon as a substitute in the 3-1 win over Marseille at the weekend. And he says he is ready to push for a starting place: "I feel very good, in top form. My first week was good, training went very well, and little by little I'm getting back into the rhythm.

"Now I think I'm ready to start a game as of the next match. I'm training hard, my fitness is good. I think I can push for a starting place for the next game."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home