Will Power

Monday, November 27, 2006

The Pigeon......


A picture paints a thousand words, depending on how you view it......

Look at the pigeon in this picture. What do you see?

This picture was taken on a rainy saturday afternoon, when a pigeon decided to take shelter from the rain. It was aware of my presence and did not flew away even though I took a picture of it very closely.

What a clever pigeon! It waited for half an hour for the rain to stop before flying away and for that period of time, it was looking blankly into space, as if wondering about something. What could it be thinking about?

Could the pigeon be thinking about its family? How about when the rain will end? Or is it something else that is bothering it?

In my own opinion, the pigeon must be quite anxious for the rain to stop, so that it can fly away from the shelter in order to explore the world and to look for its fellow pigeons to interact with. In addition, the pigeon does feel kind of lonely in this picture... .

I think I must be quite like this lonely pigeon, in need of friends or some company. I am very keen to explore the world around me and to learn something. Shall I venture out from my comfort zone or to remain inside for the pursuit of my happiness?

The definition of happiness varies from person to person. Some people are easily contended, whereas some have rather high expectations.

I have this feeling of emptyness in my life, as if lacking something..... . Friendships come and go easily, trust is easily broken and commitment is not always fulfilled. In this hectic world, who will really spend some time treating people with utmost sincerity, honesty, patience and total commitment?

Relationships are hard to build in the first place, but is definitely easy to end. Commitment and trust has to be one of the key factors in sustaining any form of relationship in order for it to be everlasting. Communication is also an important ingredient too.

Have I found the person who shares the same thoughts / opinions on relationships? I am not sure, but I think there are some people who will actually take some time off from this frantic world in order to experience the richness of true friendship or other form of relationship.

I admit I am quite a lone ranger, without any friends for company. Sometimes the feeling of loneliness strikes me suddenly, and left me to wonder about the void I am having right now. Will the void be filled, or will it just be a void that forever stays with me?

I have to be like the pigeon, waiting for the opportunity to venture out when given the chance to do so...... . In the pursuit of true relationship, I will keep on searching for the right person.

Fly Wilson, fly!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fly Wilson, Fly! : )
I was about to comment on this also the other day, but my coumputer switched off suddenly again. It made me grumpy at times, but I don't have any way to fix it except that I must wait for my brother now.
I wanted to say that you might be a good photographer watching this photo. It is a good photo to me. The strange thing to me is that the pigeon of photo didn't look like a real pigeon of the photo but rather it looked like a part of a painting. Don't you think so as me?
Anyway, while seeing it, a thought came to me that all nature is symbol of human being. That you said that you thought the pigeon also might feel the loneliness like you is also part of that thought.
By the way, is this your room? Scene outside looks good.


Grace
I'm a good and earnest visitor, right? : )

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home