Will Power

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Most Expensive Possession

After months of saving, scrimping for every cent and
controlling my spending budget, I would like to introduce to you my latest possession -- digital camera.

I have always wanted to buy a digital camera for a long time, but is unable to. First of all, the price is expensive. Secondly, I could not bear to part with my hard earned money by giving it away to the cashier in just a matter of seconds. Lastly, I have always classified having a digital camera as a luxury item.

How times have changed since. As a person who loves taking nice pictures when given the opportunity to do so, I normally find myself buying a disposable film camera.

Taking note of the advantages / disadvantages of a digital camera compared to a disposable fim one, I will rather go for the former.

Digital camera is much more affordable in the long run, as the quality is a lot of times better. You can also immediately review the pictures which you have taken on the spot, do some modifications like photo editing, direct transferring of pictures into your computer, sending picture e-mail attachments and much more!

Film camera does not have any of these functions. Moreover, picture quality is very bad. The only advantage is the price, which is a lot of times cheaper than having a digital camera. One point to take note: Image of the pictures developed on film cameras will fade over time. Why subject yourself to all this trouble where precious moments captured are lost?

After months of saving, considering the pros and cons, I have decided to get myself a Canon Digital Ixus 65 digital camera (see picture at top right corner). I like the big screen, user friendly functions and the clarity of the images being taken. Although this latest gadget of mine costs me $500 plus , I think it will be worth it in the long run. I can also download nice pictures into my blog and to share with people from all over the world.

However, please wait for me to learn how to upload the images into my computer. Well, that is another story...

Wish me luck!

Wilson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home