Will Power

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Surprise From A Penpal In Japan.....

Received a package from my Japanese penpal last monday and it is a pleasant surprise from her, considering that I am not in the best of mood lately.... .

I have got to know her through this penpal website in around September or October this year. She is 17 years old, currently studying in High School (equivalent to Junior College level) and will graduate in year 2008.

We have been exchanging e-mails at that time, building rapport so as to get to know each other better. After getting comfortable with each other, we have both decided to write to each other via snail mail, while continuing with our e-mail correspondence at the same time.

This is the first time in which I am writing a letter and sending it to a foreign place. The feeling is really great, as it is always nice to make more friends from all over the world so as to know more about their cultures and lifestyles.

Beside the usual letter exchanges, we have also been exchanging small gifts. I remember her saying that she likes a certain Manchester United footballer by the name of Cristiano Ronaldo and I have gave her a small figurine of that particular player. She has, in return, gave me some items which I really like it very much.

We will still be maintaining our friendship and I really hope that it will be an everlasting one. True friendship between people are really hard to find in this frantic world of ours, and who will spend some of his / her time to savour it? Only those who really knows how to cherish it will truly enjoy and understand this special bond between people... .

Well, I have something to say to this Japanese penpal of mine: Thank you Akiko, for the wonderful memories and happy moments in which I have been corresponding with you. May you and your family be blessed with good health, prosperity and everlasting happiness.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stay in touch always....


Arrigato.

The surprise package....


A file with the drawing of a traditional Japanese performer (hope I am not wrong.....)


A cute fan


The letter from Akiko (very cute letter!!)


Airmail from Japan! Can you see the word Japan in this picture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home