Will Power

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Inspiration......

Really needed some inspiration lately, because life has been pretty mundane for me so far. Felt that I needed a different approach in handling the tasks which I do in my daily life, be it in work or in everyday life.

The below mentioned drama serial is a great tool for someone in need of some inspiration or a different perspective of life. We tend to take things which we normally do for granted and will really start to regret it when they have been taken away from us.

Cherish every moment in life, friends, family or even those simple things like using the computer and etc.

Remember this always in your mind: "The wonderful thing about life is just being alive, and it is such a lovely and wonderful thing to do.... ."

One Liter of Tears drama

Synopsis:

" This beautifully moving drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled “One Litre of Tears" has sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone.
Aya's only wish was “to live." By carefully depicting Aya's earnest desire to live, and the love of her family, friends, and lover, the drama, “One Litre of Tears" wishes to deliver her simple but strong message: “Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing." ---Fuji TV

" This dorama is about a girl who was diagnosed with a disease called Spinocerebellar Degeneration when she was 15 years old, and was able to continue her life until her death at the age of 25 years old. The plot is based on the true story of a Japanese girl named Kito Aya, who had the same disease. She kept writing in her diary to remember her experiences until she could no longer hold a pen. Aya simply wished to live until the end of her life, and the purpose of writing in the diary was to remind herself to not give up. She shed tears many times, at the same time encompassed by the rich love and support from her family, friends, and boyfriend. Her diary “1 Litre of Tears” was published after her death, because of its inspiring and courageous message of, “Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing.” So far, over 18,000,000 copies of her diary have been sold. Source: www.Channel-Ai.com

Excerpts of Aya Ikeuchi's diary:


Quote:


They laugh saying every possible thing to make me mad. Of course, I ignored them. If I put up with all this, the water in the ocean would be gone. But it was really hard not to cry. Luckily, I was able to keep the tears from falling...

"Don't cry you cry baby" The tough times are when a human is growing. If I can overcome this, a beautiful morning will be waiting for me. The peaceful morning full of light, with birds singing, and the smell of the white rose...

I wonder where happiness is. I wonder what happiness is. "Aya are you happy right now?" "Of course not. I'm in the bottomless pit of sadness. It's so hard. Mentally and physically..." The truth is that I'm a step away from becoming weird! Because the crow that was crying is already lauging.

I know it's still 2 months away but please time, stop! Aya's illness please stop as well!

The reason why I study so hard is because this is the only thing I'm good at. If you take studying away from me, all that's left is this useless body. I don't want to feel this way. It's sad, and harsh, but this is reality. I don't care if I'm stupid, I just want a healthy body.

Why did the illness choose me?

I'm a "girl." My 3 big front teeth are gone, and now I look ugly. My illness is worse than cancer! It stole the beauty of my youth. If I didn't have this weird illness, I could have had a love life...I just want someone to rely on. I just can't take this anymore!

I'm about to lose to the sickness. No! I'm not gonna lose! No matter how hard I try and act happy, when I see my teacher, sisters, brother, and my friends walking normally, I feel miserable.

I wanted to see something that would touch my heart, so I went to go watch a marathon by myself. But, it only made me feel more depressed. I felt a melancholy feeling in "Running." My friends are going to leave me. I started to realize what a big handicap it is to have a unhealthy body.

I fell again while walking to my class. I got a slight cut on my right temple. S-chan helped me up. Before I can say "Thank you," tears started falling out of my eyes and I couldn't make it into words.

More translations of Aya's diary at: http://www.xanga.com/OneLitre



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home