Will Power

Friday, January 14, 2011

Anders' Dream Comes True

New signing and lifelong United fan Anders Lindegaard has described the excitement and tension he experienced when he first heard the Reds wanted to bring him to Old Trafford.

The 26-year-old goalkeeper from Odense in Denmark signed for the Reds from Norwegian club Aalesunds FK and was named on the bench against Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday.

He faces a tough task in trying to force his way into the first-team, but for now he is still on a high after his move. "It feels great to be here," he told MUTV. "It's a dream come true for me. I've been a Manchester United supporter since I was four years old. My father taught me that. So it's the biggest dream of my life to be a United player.

Lindegaard was, naturally, aware of United's interest before the deal was announced in November, but it was only relatively late on in the process that he accepted he would definitely realise his dream of coming to Old Trafford.

"As someone said to me, there's rarely smoke without fire. So I guess I was aware that there was some kind of interest for a long time. But Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and they can pick whoever they want. They might have a list of hundreds or thousands of players. Then that list gets shorter.

"In the beginning it was a big thing in my head. There was a lot of speculation and that took a lot of energy to deal with. When I turned off the light at night and I was lying in my bed, I'd just stare at the ceiling and I couldn't sleep. I was just thinking, thinking, thinking.

"But as time went on it calmed down and I learned to live with it. It was a bit hectic at first, but I didn't know that it was as concrete as it was until quite late on in the whole thing. But I am very happy and thrilled to be here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home