Will Power

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ryan Is Academy Star


Midfield dynamo Ryan Tunnicliffe is the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year for 2011.

The 18-year-old came out on top of the coaches' vote for the award after playing a key role in helping United reach the FA Youth Cup final.

"I’m in shock. I didn’t expect to win it. I’m obviously really pleased," he said after collecting his prize.

Tunnicliffe was part of the United team that drew 2-2 with Sheffield United in the first leg of the Youth Cup final on Tuesday night.

"The first leg was a good game," he said. "They put a lot of pressure on us but I think we did well. Hopefully we can get the job done on Monday in the second leg and win the trophy."

Tunnicliffe, who was handed the number 46 shirt ahead of the FA Cup tie with Crawley in February, follows the likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wes Brown and Danny Welbeck in winning the award.

Ryan's record
Ryan Tunnicliffe's key stats

2010/2011 Reserves
8 (5) appearances
2 goals

2010/2011 Academy
20 (1) appearances
2 goals

"I’m in shock. I didn’t expect to win the award. I’m obviously really pleased to win it."

- Ryan Tunnicliffe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home