Will Power

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Buttner Nearly Quit Club Over Homesickness

Dutch defender Alex Buttner admits he nearly walked away from Manchester United because he was suffering from homesickness.

The left-back signed for the Old Trafford giants in a £4million deal from Vitesse Arnhem last summer.

But the 24-year-old, who was brought up on a travellers' camp in Holland, struggled to settle into life in Cheshire.

Buttner told The Sun: "I now know about homesickness. I'd think about my family and friends at home many times.

"How they were, what they were doing, little things like that.

"But I did not give up and I have my girlfriend Laura and brother Denny to thank for that.

"They were always there for me in England. I could call on them any time. I needed their warmth.

"I'm a fighter. But had I been on my own, I'd have got on a plane back to Holland a long time ago."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home