Will Power

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kagawa Has Big Hopes For Next Season

Shinji Kagawa has set his sights on becoming as influential as his Manchester United team-mates Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney.

The 24-year-old found life in the Premier League tough at times after joining United from Borussia Dortmund last summer, but an improvement in form since the turn of the year has given renewed hope to the midfielder.

His confidence is an area Kagawa wants to work on if he is to be as good as his illustrious team-mates, and the Japan international hopes to build on this at the Confederations Cup, which starts this Saturday.

"I wasn't satisfied with my overall performance but I played well in the second half of the season and started to get more and more confidence," he told Sports Illustrated.

"Hopefully, I can keep that going at the Confederations Cup.

"In this business, you need to be like Rooney or Van Persie and prove yourself if you want the ball.

"I want to be a player like them, which means I need results."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home