Will Power

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Ander: I Don't Want This Dream To End

Ander Herrera has emphasised his determination to make his mark at Manchester United and will fight to maintain his place in Louis van Gaal's plans for the future.

The Reds midfielder - who missed the Champions League tie against PSV Eindhoven with a hamstring strain - is fully aware of the competition for starting spots and also the possibility that his manager can utilise the transfer market to his advantage. Nonetheless, our popular Spaniard continues to show he is worthy of a long career at Old Trafford by giving everything out on the pitch.

During an exclusive interview with United Review, the matchday programme, Ander is asked if he has a message for the supporters. "I just say to them, ‘thank you’. I thank all the fans because they show me every day and at every game that they are supporting me. The only thing I can do is try to keep fighting and try to keep giving everything within me when I pull on the red shirt. I try to enjoy it.

"What I am doing at United, I enjoy a lot so I don’t want this dream to finish. I have to play as well as possible if I want to play as long as I can at this club.

"When I was in Spain, I always thought about the best teams in the world and maybe the biggest and most-supported club is Manchester United. So I worked very hard to be here. When I was in Spain, I was very professional and had to be very consistent to get here.

"Now I am here, I always say the same thing: the most difficult thing is to stay at a big club. Of course, it is difficult to arrive at a big team in the first place, but it is even harder to stay there. The club has the possibility to sign new players and it’s a very powerful club so all players want to play here. I have to fight for my position and gain my position and I will do it."

Herrera feels he can still learn from the older heads in the squad, even if he is no longer considers himself to be one of the more inexperienced players at Old Trafford.

"When you want to have a great season, everyone has to be involved," Ander says. "We have very experienced guys in the squad like Michael Carrick, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Bastian Schweinsteiger. They want to help all the players and, overall, the young players need it sometimes.

"I don’t consider myself young. I am in the middle. Although my face is young, I am in the middle now! [Laughs] We all try to listen to our experienced team-mates every day because they have passed through every moment in their careers. It’s good to listen and try to copy them because they’ve been successful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home