Will Power

Saturday, January 13, 2007

An Aspiring Poet -- Ssozi Louis

Dear Friends:

Something interesting to share with you... .

Received an e-mail from a student all the way from Uganda. He has written some poems in it which I have found it to be quite good and meaningful. I hope to share with you some of his works.. .

Dear Ssozi:

I will write to you soon, thanks for your inspirational writings. Hope you don't mind me sharing your poems to people from all over the world.

Works Of Ssozi Louis:

A FRIEND LIKE YOU:

When things are confused, I discuss them with you till they make sense to me.You turn my worries into joy and peace.

Lonely moments are jolly moments with you by my side.You make yourself an open door to me,you touch my heart with all your generosity,you brighten up my night just by talking to me and surely you are so generous to me even at what cost your courage.

I thank God for creating you because you have make my life meaningful and I cannot remain the same again. Since we meant ,your friendship has been so valuable to me, above all your love from christ keeps me in touch with heaven.

I will ask God to keep you safe.

DAYS GONE:

It seems just like yesterday when skies where blue, i held your hand mother,we talked all through the day.I felt your love so close.The conditional love you gave me mother!

Now all is gone.I sit and sweat in school but I know somewhere you are watching over me.However the difference is that you have lost your way to the visible human world and you seem to have forgotten me.

Oooh!! Mother, how I think of you! So, I say a little prayer and hope some day my dreams will take me there where you dwell and forget all about me.

Are the skies blue or green over there? Answer me mother,why have you kept your heart shut at me all the days I live. Oh mother how would you forget so soon the degree of your unconditional love to me?

Aaah!! Sorry at times I forget that you went to a place beyond the stable.

I watched your body as you lay still,tears flowed down my cheeks. On your face I saw my life being taken away, my dreams smuggled and that tragic night night sent shivers down my spine. How could you live without saying farewell to me?

Now all my grumbling is in vain because you cannot answer me mother. Oooh, gone are the days we used to share in common but at least someday, somewhere we will be together and reply to bring back the days past by.

THE TRAIN:

The train carries everyone, everywhere.

It carries the men

It carries the woman

It carries me too, a blind boy.

Whenever it carries me,

I met with distress, and knock against it with my knee.

It carries the men

It carries the woman

It carries the blind boy to his distress

LIBERTING LOVE:

Though I preach the sacred value of human life,

if I sit on my hands and watch the oppression of my people, I am a hypocrite.

Though I approve of the goals of human liberation and profess love for freedom,

if I do not act on this love it is worthless.

Though I think I can tell which way the wind is blowing,

if I let the moment to act, passes me by,

I betray the imperative to love.

The people have suffered long, charity serves barely to keep them alive. But charity by itself defuses the will of the people to act.

Love is not defined from a book or a tradition, it does not rest in its own abstract goodness; it is shaped by the concrete needs of the people.

True love abhors evil; it rejoices in the struggle for the good.

On the path to trimph, love can bear all things, hope all things it will not surrender.

Our need for justice and human dignity is as dear as life itself: if there are political slogans they shall fade away; if there are exploitative economic systems, they shall crumble and be changed.

For mankind cannot live by slogans alone.

Man"s right to freedom and dignity is a gift from God, thus when people together demand liberation, that which oppresses shall give way.

For before I knew what it meant to have dignity, I would neither see clearly nor love freely.

I discovered the true meaning of love.

When we were slaves, we spoke as slaves, we understood as slaves, but as we became free; we cast off the chain of servitude. So faith,love and hope must abide:these three; but without freedom and dignity, they remain as hollow shadows.

By: Ssozi Louis (Uganda)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aniyanewjackson said...

The whole thing is so bizarre that when the video was played to journalists before a press conference with Trump and Kim, everyone assumed it was North Korean propaganda (which probably caused North Korea's actual propaganda team to quit in disgust). There's no word on what Trump thought of the trailer, but considering that he reportedly showed it to Kim on his iPad, it's fair to say that he likes it. (Or they were comparing prison camps. (Michael Kors Black Satchel Bag)

Coach Purse Pink And White, Real ones, not fake ones. And more importantly, that the Krafts want it. The fact that the Krafts would be willing to spend anywhere from $225 275 million on a new stadium when they already own one for $300 million, that tells you where they are.

Coach Diaper Bag Outlet Mall, Satisfy Your Cravings For American Cuisine With These 5 Los Angeles NewcomersSo you hungry and you ready for some traditional American cuisine. Good news: we found the freshest spots to satisfy your appetite. Here are the newest places to check out the next time you in the mood for some American fare..

White Coach Hobo Bag, So Tuesday, I made my first of what I hope will be many appearances on Dexter Manley's television show, which you can watch here. It was a fairly surreal experience, which I'll write about in a second. But towards the end of my 35 minutes on set, I asked Dexter about the Clinton Portis Ines Sainz imbroglio, and during his answer he mentioned Christine Brennan.

Coach White Bag, However, as always, the story is more complex than it first appears. Budleigh Salterton pebbles occur not only in the Chesil Beach but also in the Portland Raised Beach (or beaches). Occasional specimens are found on the land in the Weymouth area (Arkell, 1947) , and some, surprisingly, are found on the beach at the back of Lulworth Cove (particularly in the north eastern part).

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home